If you are thinking of opening up a new dental practice or taking over an existing dental clinic, you are at the right place. There are a lot of things you need to consider in order to set up and run your dental practice smoothly starting from choosing the location & establishing your clinic leading to strategizing how to smoothly run it and cater to the needs and expectations of your patients.
In this article we have listed down all the important details you need to consider when opening up your own dental practice.
- Choose the Location Wisely: If you are setting up a practice from the scratch instead of buying an existing dental clinic, choosing the right location is important. Make sure you are present right where most of your competitors are and there are a few pharmacies and other medical facilities close by. Obtain the lease or rent the place which ever works for you better.
- Procure Equipment & Furniture: Once you have got the place for your dental practice, make a list of furniture and equipment you will need. Make 2 separate lists, one for the regular office furniture including reception desk, waiting area seats, office desk, chair, and tables etc. Make a detailed list of all the dental equipment you might need, including examination tables, trolleys & Carts, treatment chairs etc. Click here for Medical Furniture Supplies
- Get Dental Supplies: With the furniture and equipment in place, make a list of all the dental supplies you will need, including cotton gauzes, latex gloves, dental burs, composites, endodontic instruments and dental sutures etc. Buy a bulk supply for at least 3 months, however be cautious about the shelf life of the supplies.
- Hire a Well Trained Staff: Jot down all the different types of people you might need to work for you starting from a receptionist to a dental care assistant, nurses and support & cleaning staff. Hire experienced professionals because you don’t want your clients to feel that they are in bad hands.
- Customer Data Management: Acquire data management software or CRM for integration of patient records as well as other business functions. There’s always a chance of human error when it comes to data management manually, which is why a professional purpose-built CRM is necessary for your dental practice.
- Create a Competitive Pricing Strategy: Make a list of all the services you are considering to offer and set competitive pricing against each. Make sure you first research the service charges of your competitors and start off with relatively low or similar prices. Since your dental clinic is going to be a new set up in town, it might take potential clients some time to walk through your door.
- Figure out Payment Options: One of the most important things to do is set up payments and billing criteria. Procure a credit card machine, set up your bank account and preferably acquire a payment processing software to help you manage payments.
- Create a Catchy Marketing Strategy: Once you have all the necessary preparations done, create an impactful marketing strategy for your dental clinic and come up with discounts and offers for all customers for the first few weeks. With the world going digital, reaching the right target audience shouldn’t be too much of a problem. Create an effective launch strategy followed by a thorough strategy on procedures and offerings.
With all these things done, your dental care clinic should be ready to launch and in no time traffic should be coming in.
You can also check out the countless benefits dentists get from video conferences.